DSP Software Engineer
Software Engineering | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Assist in the preparation of data for use in machine learning algorithms.
- Pre-process data and extract features (using DSP) that could aid the machine learning.
- Design and develop DSP algorithms and integrate them into existing processes.
- Develop algorithms, digital filters, and signal processing techniques for analyzing signals.
- Develop tools to enhance signal and subtract out common noise artifacts, as well as extract insights from signals (features, events, and trends) both off-line and in real time.
- Develop novel algorithms based on digital signal processing, statistical processing, and machine learning to extract features from RF data, identify RF signals, and localize emissions.
- Create numerical models for interpreting and understanding RF survey data.
- Model, simulate, and analyze modern wireless communication signals.
- Develop and expand our knowledge base and best practices for analysis and interpretation of RF signal data.
- Develop capabilities for detection, demodulation and processing of RF communications, WiFi and IoT devices.
- Apply analytical techniques for identification, characterization, and survey of RF communications, WiFi and IoT devices.
- Research new signal processing techniques and modern RF communications, WiFi and IoT standards.
- Perform signals and protocol analysis in support of RF communications, WiFi and IoT capabilities.
- Update, debug and modify signal processing algorithms.
- Validate signal processing algorithms through simulations as well as electrical measurements.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithm and software development.
- Strong theoretical background of signal processing techniques including adaptive filtering, filter banks and wavelet processing.
- Demonstrated experience implementing signal processing algorithms on low-power embedded systems.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments.
- Digital Signal Processing, Digital Communications, or Software Defined Radio experience.
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment.
- Experience with automated software testing, integration, and deployment.
- Knowledge of wireless air interface protocols.
- Experience in fields of signal processing, software engineering, and/or architecture of real-time signal processing systems.
- Experience with Linux scripting languages (bash, tch, csh, perl, sh).
- 3 years of experience with application prototype development and Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline. In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, an additional 4 years of experience is required.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Containerized Application Deployment (Docker/Kubernetes).
- CUDA Code Development Experience.
- Experience with hardware analysis tools, such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: signal processing, multimodal sensing, sensor fusion, time series, time-frequency analysis, and dynamical systems.
- Fluency in a high-level programming language (Python, C/C++ and/or Matlab).
- Knowledge of common ML frameworks (scikit-learn, pandas and deep learning toolboxes such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, etc.).
- Experience with DSP systems X-Midas, Midas 2k, XMPY, ELINT screening position (ESP), MATLAB, DevOps (ATLASSIAN), LD-OMAR, and many sensitive tools.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.