Director Armed Forces
PMO Support | Remote | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
What we are seeking:
Applied Insight seeks an experienced Director that has a proven ability to manage programs and develop new business to assist with our continuous delivery and expansion of our professional support services to our nation’s Armed Forces in the areas of Commercial Cloud, DevSecOps, Cyber Security and Mission IT systems and support.
A day in the life – a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
Front-line management representative to the customer
- Ensure delivery is executed professionally, thoughtfully, thoroughly, efficiently and ethically
- Manage matters concerning contract or personnel performance
- Handle routine communications with the customer as well as escalations
- Oversee successful completion of PMRs and CDRLs
- Lead capture and pursuit of all recompetes within your portfolio
- Shepherd on-contract growth
Provide leadership, vision, and oversight to your portfolio of projects
- Model leadership and management to your onsite project and task leads
- Manage contract funding, build staffing plans, maintain burn-down charts
- Responsible for the fiscal performance of your projects
- Quickly and efficiently staff projects and vacancies
Build strong coalitions with peers and work cooperatively with individuals both horizontally and vertically within the organization
What we are expecting from you (IE the qualifications you must have):
- EITHER 10+ years in project management or system engineering related to complex systems using the latest industry technologies OR 5+ years in program management
- A prior, proven track record in successful business development
- A solid understanding of the Armed Forces
- A good understanding of Cloud, DevSecOps, Cyber Security, and Mission IT
- Experience in risk, quality, and cost Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A mastery of listening with empathy
- Excellent relational skills
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Independence, persistence and self-initiation
- Current, active SECRET clearance or higher
- 0% travel during COVID, approximately 25% travel after COVID.
- 100% remote during COVID, “mostly remote” after COVID.
- Prefer someone with the ability to attend in-person meetings in Fulton should they resume, without it having to be “travel”.
Nice to have:
- PMP, project management certification, or equivalent training
- Organization Change Management skills
- Agile or Scrum project management experience
- Current or prior technical certifications in Cloud, IT, or Cyber Security
- Although not mandatory, preference will be given to candidates that possess prior experience in leadership positions within the armed forces or possess a strong understanding of such
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.