DevOps Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
DevOps | McLean, VA | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
Everyday we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only understand the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to enable your career.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
Stratus Solutions is rapidly growing and seeking smart, energetic engineers to work on providing specialized software engineering services directly for front-line mission operators. You will be responsible for designing and contributing to highly impactful systems with a focus on protecting national security interests. A successful candidate will integrate into a highly skilled engineering and development team aimed at developing a fully automated mission environment comprised of Python, Terraform, Ansible, virtualization (OpenStack, AWS, VMWare), VDI, Linux. This position involves a variety of tasks, ranging from scripting, to standalone prototype development, to product development for a variety of automation/deployment needs.
- Advanced automation of infrastructure components on demand (provisioning/de-provisioning)
- Backend business logic for interaction with various 3rd party products
- Automated cloud and network provisioning via Terraform or Ansible
- HADOOP/HDFS/Accumulo interaction
- VMware, OpenStack, AWS provisioning and manipulation
- Custom VDI connection broker development
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have)
- Expert level Python experience (at least 10 years experience)
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with the Ansible/Puppet automation frameworks
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Electrical engineering, Computer Science or IT-related field
- Experience with other languages such as C, C#, Java, Ruby, Perl
- Experience with Linux software development
- Strong understanding of networking concept
- Experience with IT security and cryptography
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications)
- Experience with development and programmatic manipulation of virtualization platforms(e.g. VMWare, OpenStack, Amazon AWS)
- Experience with cross-browser development
- HADOOP/HDFS/Accumulo experience
- VMware/OpenStack/AWS experience
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.