DevOps | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Be the primary support engineer for 5G wireless simulation equipment.
- Build and develop tools to automate daily operational activities, including deployment pipelines.
- Research, evaluate and implement necessary monitoring and DevOps tools and software.
- Support container-based initiatives across multiple products.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 3 years software engineering experience with at least 2 of those years using one or more scripting languages: Bash, Python or Ruby.
- 2+ years of professional experience with Docker and OpenStack.
- Knowledge of automation, configuration management and software development frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience with Linux system administration and troubleshooting.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar technical discipline. 4 years of experience can substitute for a B.S. degree.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience and/or interest in using and supporting a 5G wireless simulator.
- Familiarity with VMWare VSphere and vSAN
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container orchestration services.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
Things that could potentially be useful:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with REST API and Message Brokers
- A good understanding of security best practices.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self-certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.