DevOps | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Stratus Solutions has been selected to assist the DoD Enterprise DevSecOps initiative by bringing innovative technology to the Armed Services in support of modern, cloud-based software development environments. Specifically, Stratus has been tasked to build a cloud-native access point which will enable software developers throughout the DoD to securely connect and perform secure, modern software development tasks within a commercial cloud.
This is an interdisciplinary effort and includes technologies such as DevSecOps tools, containerization, agile tools, DoD PKI, VPN, boundary defense (IDS/IPS), vulnerability scanning, web application firewalls, Comply2Connect, and end-point scanning and patching. This effort affords our team members the unique opportunity of working with leading-edge cloud computing technologies utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
This is a new-start program for Stratus Solutions, so you will be entering this opportunity on the ground floor. Our team has the freedom to architect a complete solution from beginning-to-end based on customer requirements, best practices, and our recommended design considerations. Stratus Solutions is in the unique position of having successfully completed similar cloud-centric solutions of like scope for other government clients. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with our existing staff of cloud computing subject matter experts for knowledge transfer and support throughout this effort.
We are seeking the best and brightest to join our team. This is your opportunity to fuse your in-depth knowledge and experience with the latest in cutting-edge cloud computing technologies.
Your Mission: Expand your cloud DevOps skillset with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
Enhance your current DevOps skillset by disrupting traditional workflows and processes using AWS and Azure technologies. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS and Azure services, and the underlying operating systems themselves, to efficiently improve automation, aid collaboration efforts with software engineers, and streamline development processes.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities
- Use open-source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and Microsoft Azure and accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the minimum qualifications you must have):
- At least 5 years experience with Linux operating system environments.
- At least 2 years experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
- Expertise with Linux configuration management and automation tools such SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, and Chef.
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as Python.
- Ability to read and edit configuration files, such as JSON and YAML.
- Experience with container orchestration services, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with configuring and deploying containers.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Active Top Secret Clearance.
- Willingness to travel within the continental US. (Note- travel is not expected to be constant, but expected to be more frequent in the beginning of this project during the requirements gathering, planning and coordination stages)
Nice to have:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate, Azure Developer Associate, Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Red Hat Certified Engineer, or Red Hat Certified Architect.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies and the Atlassian suite.
- Knowledge of Agile, DevSecOps and CI/CD in support of development environments
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.