Internal Application: Desktop Support Tier II Engineer
Infrastructure | Martinsburg, WV | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
The individual will be responsible for the desktop, patching, inventory, application support of two physical environments totaling roughly 100 assets. Individual should have experience using SCCM and Dameware for end point management. The environment is all Windows based. Individual should have experience with image creation and OS Configuration. Knowledge of GPO’s is a plus.
There are two sites that will need to be supported, both in Martinsburg, WV. The individual will spend two days at one site and two days at another site with flexibility on the fifth day. Serves as the main POC in the area of system administration for operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides a high level of service to customers.
1. Manages the day-to-day operations of on-site and remote systems by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Applies patching to systems as needed or directed. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
2. Develops new system and application implementation plans and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
3. Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
4. Establishes, maintains and manages user accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
5. Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, storage, and other components.
6. Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical system resources.
7. Develops and applies procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
8. Develops and maintains procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
9. Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for system operations and enterprise systems administration.
10. Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for to take advantage of new technology.
11. Candidates may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of experience supporting complex Windows systems architectures and infrastructures within a classified environment.
- Strong working knowledge Windows operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
- Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.