Database Engineer Level 2
Database Engineers | Linthicum Heights, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Database Engineer, you will be responsible for helping the client develop and implement data management and responsible for facilitating, coordinating, and supervising efforts and designing, developing, and updating a strategic plan, to manage data and compliance to the related policies and standards.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Creating and implementation of an EIS-wide data strategy.
- Data governance.
- Development of data management infrastructure and associated tools.
- Save and destroy data, based on rules.Ensure quality and usability.
- Meet requirements for compliance with regularity policies and standards.
- Create tools to provide automated reports and information about systems performance to facilitate decisions.
- Analyze and process data to obtain actionable insight.
- Five (5) years of experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of DBE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.