Data Architect and Lead
Software Engineering | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Data Architect and Lead (Manager level experience)
The Sponsor seeks software development support for data science capabilities and a micro service development initiative. The goal of these efforts are for the developer to work with data scientists and other developers to architect ways to improve current functionalities of capabilities while also providing development support to include containerized services for advanced exploitation of cyber data.
- The Contractor shall be part of a larger team comprised of additional software developers, software engineers, data scientists, and data engineers.
- The Contractor shall work in collaboration with other existing Sponsor staff and contractors to enhance scalability of data science capabilities to allow for greater audience use.
- The Contractor shall work closely with data scientists and software developers to architect and improve upon current functionalities of machine learning capabilities.
- The Contractor shall be directly involved in designing, developing, and testing requirements for a citizen development exploitation platform that allow for data science implementation of machine learning models and capabilities.
- The Contractor shall provide interface development as well as connections into the Sponsor’s cloud-based production environment.
- The Contractor shall design, develop, and maintain applications within the cloud environment.
- The Contractor shall develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- The Contractor shall compile and write documentation for program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instruction so others can understand the program.
- The Contractor shall write instructions or manuals to guide end users.
- The Contractor shall review code and backend architecture of capabilities developed by developer and data science personnel.
- Demonstrated experience working in a data science development environment.
- Demonstrated experience providing architectural guidance from prototype to enterprise scale. Demonstrated experience working with software developers and data scientists on architecting new data lakes for citizen development.
- Demonstrated experience working with data scientists and AI technologies to include leveraging embedder models to solve enterprise solutions.
- Demonstrated experience developing prototype software solutions for cyber exploitation.
- Demonstrated experience working with Speech to Text technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Data Modeling.
- Demonstrated experience preparing detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operational and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Demonstrated experience designing and developing tools that integrate with commercial applications. Demonstrated experience developing and directing software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Demonstrated experience conducting trial runs of program and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Demonstrated experience compiling and writing documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instruction so others can understand the program.
- Demonstrated experience writing, analyzing, reviewing, and rewriting programs, using workflow charts and diagrams, and apply knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Demonstrated experience writing or contributing to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Demonstrated experience reviewing code and backend architecture of capabilities developed by developer and data science personnel.
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing, and maintaining applications within the cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Application Development and Programming and full life cycle development. Demonstrated experience working with Linux Servers.
- Demonstrated experience with Python.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
General equivalency guidelines for education, certifications, and experience are provided below;
however, these guidelines do not immediately qualify someone at a particular level. Skill levels for an
individual are based upon a combination of education, training, and experience, e.g. someone may
have 20 years of professional experience; however they may only be qualified as Full Performance
based upon the expertise needed to perform the work within that category.
• General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a
ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized
• Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience.
• An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a
scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18)
months specialized experience.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific
or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to three (3) years
specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
• A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific
or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to two (2) years
specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
• A Doctorate in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or
technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized
experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
• Possesses a combination of leadership and management expertise within an occupation and/or
extensive technical skills or experience specific to the skill be managed.
• Normally at least sixteen (16) years of experience specific to the occupation/skill being managed is
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.