Data Analyst Level 2
Data Analyst | Ft. Meade, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Data Analyst, you will be involved in the evaluation of diverse sources and formats of data ingested to support Agency's Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) functions, and the customization and normalizing of that data to enhance mission performance. Incorporate customer requirements to devise tailored dataset algorithms, workflows, analytics, and visualization solutions enabling cybersecurity evaluation, research, and simulations..
The Level 2 Data Analyst shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyze and define data requirements and specifications; Anticipate changes in data capacity; assess validity of source data.
- Collect metrics and trending data; Perform sensitivity analysis.
- Read, interpret, write, modify, and execute simple scripts on Windows and UNIX; utilize different programing languages to write code, and to open, read and write files.
- Communicate written and verbal information in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Develop data standards, policies, and procedures; conduct hypothesis testing using statistical processes.
- Document implementation of mathematical, data science, and/or computer science methods.
- Identify common encoding techniques; Assess predictive power and generalizability of a model.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Six (6) years of demonstrated experience as a data analyst in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in cybersecurity activities in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.