Data Analyst - AMO/Budget
Data Analyst | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- The Database Analyst shall have total program responsibility for ensuring that the requirements are met.
- Best practices consulting in data support for Budget Execution/Formulation Analytics Submission Tool (BEAST).
- Shall be skilled in facilitation, working directly with a range of senior and junior government officials.
- Identify organizational needs and implementation strategies for improving processes related to the BEAST.
- Assist in the full implementation of BEAST solutions within the Air and Marine organization.
- Evaluate current BEAST functions and developing new methods to capture data.
- Identify system deficiencies within BEAST.
- Develop user guides and training materials to access and operate BEAST.
- Provide training with system enhancements to Headquarters, Regional and field level staff and Supervisors.
- Maintain backend Microsoft Access Database.
- Implement enhancements and troubleshoot the Microsoft Excel data entry tool.
- Implement updates to Qlik based visualizations (Data cleaning in Python).
- Provide support for the following reporting and analytical activities:
- Cull custom metrics for ad hoc data requests from BEAST and Microsoft Access backend database.
- Develop and define analytical and reporting requirements.
- Assurance of quality of data and analysis.
- System oversight.
- Develop data structure for statistical analysis.
- Create predictive models.
- Assurance of accurate data capture and reconciliation.
- Construct annual, quarterly, and monthly reports.
- Create budget status briefings
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Advanced Microsoft Access and Excel knowledge, including SQL and VBA coding experience.
- Visualization experience with Power BI, Qlik, or similar program using Python for data cleaning.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and able to pass a Single Source Background Investigation (SSBI).
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Federal budget process and financial system experience.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.