Cyber Security Engineer
Security | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
What we are requiring:
- Demonstrated experience with encryption technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with networking including OSI model, also to include TCP/IP, MPLS, SONET, Ethernet.
- Demonstrated experience with routing, switching, firewalls, and data protection.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud computing.
- Demonstrated experience with information storage.
- Demonstrated experience with virtual machine technology.
- Demonstrated experience with cyber risks, exploits, vulnerabilities and associated mitigations.
- Demonstrated experience with technical guidance and oversight both to technical and non-technical, senior level personnel.
- Demonstrated experience conducting security reviews and assessments.
- Demonstrated experience with information technology and a practical understanding of application, system, and network security best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with information security policies.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and managing information security risks in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience with information technology including practical understanding of application, system, and network security best practices.
- Demonstrated experience making reasoned, timely, and fact based decisions and to convey reasoning to customers and team members.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
Desired skills and qualifications:
Skills and demonstrated experiences that are highly desired but not required to perform the work include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, cyber security, information assurance, computer engineering or other technical field.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor’s Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) process and the Project Management Framework.
- Demonstrated experience with diverse information technology infrastructure including operating systems, major application systems, and network architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) process and the Risk Management Framework.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of cloud computing environment.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.