Cyber Security Engineer
Security | Reston, Virginia | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life--a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
The Cyber Security Engineer will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud service providers (optional), to establish secure design patterns, to architect integrations with customers’ existing security policies, and to assist in ensuring the security and compliance of the cloud-native applications and their environments.
• Actively participate in or lead Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs)and application review boards, documenting actions items/results of these events.
• Provide analysis of vulnerability results and suggest mitigation plans for security problems. • Understand cloud based infrastructure as a service technologies (AWS experience preferred).
• Assist in the evaluation and analysis of AWS cloud services and tools from a security risk perspective.
• Assist in providing security guidance for internal Sponsor documentation.
• Provide analysis of vulnerabilities identified by compliance tools.
• Conduct TEMs to verify and validate systems against NIST, RMF Sponsor internal security regulations.
• Assist in researching, evaluating, and developing relevant Information Security policies and guidance.
• Brief management, as needed, on the status of the system and/or risk mitigation activities.
• Assess/calculate risk based on threats, vulnerabilities, and shortfalls uncovered in testing and provide recommendations for risk decisions to Sponsor.
• Identify mitigating countermeasures to identified threats, vulnerabilities, and shortfalls.
• Provide enhancement capabilities and SOPs to assessment operations for execution and implementation.
What we are expecting from you(i.e. the qualifications you must have:
• Demonstrated experience using Linux, Windows, Wireless and Virtual Platforms.
• Demonstrated experience with cloud based infrastructure as a service technologies (AWS experience preferred).
• Demonstrated experience securing and providing risk mitigations for systems and applications in the AWS cloud environment.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Required to have demonstrated expertise in the following technologies:
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, applying, and testing IT systems against NIST 800-53/A and (DISA) Industry Standards.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and performing cyber assessments, analyzing and documenting test results, and documenting risk. • Demonstrated experience reading and analyzing security plans to develop an understanding of systems and applications including making recommendations on program-level documentation (e.g., requirements specification, system architecture, design documents, test plans, security plans, etc.). • Demonstrated experience with cyber security policies and guidance, and research, evaluation, and development of relevant security policies and guidance. • Demonstrated experience providing analysis of vulnerability results and suggesting mitigation plans for security problems. • Demonstrated experience analyzing vulnerability scans. • Demonstrated experience using HP Fortify, McAfee ePO and other incident response tools.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.