Cyber Security Engineer
Security | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
•Someone that is fully capable of delivering capabilities related to a particular skill, language, system, or
•Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience specific to the skill.
General equivalency guidelines for education, certifications, and experience are provided below; however, these guidelines do not immediately qualify someone at a particular level. Skill levels for an individual are based upon a combination of education, training, and experience, e.g. someone may have 20 years of professional experience; however they may only be qualified as Full Performance based upon the expertise needed to perform the work within that category.
•General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience.
•Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience.
•An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
•A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
•A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or Technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
•A Doctorate in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
Either an ISC2 CISSP certification or SANS GSEC certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with INFOSEC principles, issues, and technology.
- Knowledge of ICD 503 requirements for Information Systems.
- Knowledge of life-cycle support in the areas of maintenance, administration, and management.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and project information clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple tasks so that work is completed on schedule
- Considerable knowledge in monitoring network defense technologies and analyzing the products produced.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with cyber risks, exploits, vulnerabilities and associated mitigations.
- Demonstrated experience with technical guidance and oversight both to technical and non-technical, senior level personnel.
- Demonstrated experience conducting security reviews and assessments.
- Demonstrated experience with information technology and a practical understanding of application, system, and network security best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies:
- Network Defense monitoring tools and systems
- Encryption technologies
- Identity and authentication technologies
- Information Assurance assessment tools
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, support, and participate in program meetings and reviews
- Create, draft, and/or review program documentation, generate formal documentation, and participate in system and program reviews.
- Develop and monitor sponsor website content to ensure it is up to date and accurate.
- Manage/update project schedule(s) to ensure coordination and information flow occurs between all programs and organizational managers.
- Review program plans and identify inconsistencies, ensure impacts are identified, understood, and communicated.
- Track project studies, plans, actions items, etc. during meetings and reviews.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.