Cyber Security Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Infrastructure/Security | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Analyze data from alerts and logs and determine threat response.
- Write scripts to automate data collection and analysis.
- Taking threats from detection to mitigation.
- Develop and implement a security monitoring and response plan for a large environment.
- Create new software and/or tools to aid monitoring, data collection and analysis and other security initiatives.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Holistic understanding of computer systems with an eye for potential vulnerabilities, risks and threats that exist at the various levels (networking, operating system, virtualized and cloud components etc.).
- Hands on experience with security & analysis tools such as Splunk, Security Onion, Nessus etc.
- Ability to configure, install, customize and operate Linux servers.
- Strong scripting abilities with either Perl or Python.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols; understanding, analyzing, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift with the latest security and infrastructure technologies.
- At least six years of security focused engineering for large scale environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Systems or related technical area of study.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
Nice to have:
- Industry-recognized network or security engineering certifications such as CEH, CISSP or Security+.
- Experience working in a security operations center (SOC).
- Experience working in research environments.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits:
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.