Configuration Management | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Configuration Manager you will:
- Maintain the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration.
- Work independently and defines and implements hardware and software CM processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Ensure hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures are followed on hardware and software development projects.
- Ensure CM of developmental and operational systems.
- Work on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, productions, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
- Use or recommend automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Develop or modify CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Perform change control and configuration audits.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance
- Eight (8) years of experience as a Configuration Manager (CM) in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to six (6).
- Four (4) years of additional configuration management experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.