Other | Springfield, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provide O&M support of radio interoperability solutions, such as user management, talk group management, application upgrades, etc…
- Proficient with Motorola Core of P25 radio concepts and radio operations.
- Familiarization with Motorola Core components, such as Unified Event Manager (UEM), Unified Network Configuration Manager (UNC) and Provisioning Manager (PM).
- Proficient with Network Monitoring Tools, preferred SolarWinds and Unified Event Manager (UEM).
- Proficient with TCP/IP & multi-casting, RoIP experience highly desirable.
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs, software, communications devices
- Performs other tasks as needed, such as ensuring STIG compliancy, imaging of internal systems, troubleshooting hardware failures, etc…
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
You will excel in this role if you:
Candidate should have high-level knowledge of radio interoperability solutions, preferably Motorola/Twisted Pair Technologies such as WAVE. Have familiarization with P25 radio concepts, conventional and trunk systems. Install, configure, upgrade, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair radio hardware and software (OS and applications software and firmware). Manage and administer radio system servers and clients (e.g., WAVE), and user accounts, profiles and access. Monitor user access and adherence to established policies and procedures to ensure a secure operating environment. Monitor system performance, and detect and resolve problems.
Candidate shall have a broad range of systems and network knowledge as well and willing to learn
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Cisco certification / CompTA Network+ preferred
- Motorola WAVE Certified Integration Engineer (WCIE) certified a plus
- Experience creating and providing user guidance, documentation, and consultation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- MS Windows 10, Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- MS SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017
- IISA minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting radio systems.
Years of Experience: 8+ years
Education Required: High School, Bachelor’s preferred
Certifications Required: n/a
Clearance: U.S. citizenship is required. Ability to achieve and maintain TS Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.