Cloud Systems Administrator - Secret
Infrastructure | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provisioning and de-provisioning application accounts for internal customers.
- Working alongside the cloud software engineers and tenant application development teams to support transition and operation of client web sites/applications in and out of the system.
- Deploying, managing, and operating the application in the cloud environments. Identifying appropriate use of application operational best practices.
- Keeping technical documentation up to date.
- Creating (where appropriate) automation, to streamline provisioning and de-provisioning processes.
- Performing application software upgrades, kernel patching, and errata patches. Managing disaster recovery and create backups for applications.
- Performing periodic security and vulnerability scans on the application and application environment at the direction of the Information Systems Security Officer or System Owner.
- Monitoring the availability of system resources and measure the extent of performance.
- Keeping up to date on cloud services and developments.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A great communicator: Able to be a “technology translator” for our customers and users on a daily basis.
- Motivated: Looking to learn new things. We encourage cross training and learning new skills in our lab environment is possible every single day.
- A problem solver: Able to work through technical issues and critically think through new solutions.
- Good communications skills: Both written and verbal.
- A team player: We value our team mentality!
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor's degree and 12 Years of technical experience.
- Experience with AWS or Azure.
- Experience with Windows and Linux configuration management, system administration, and troubleshooting.
- Security+ CE or equivalent.
- Active Secret clearance.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.