Cloud Software Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Software Engineering | Annapolis Junction, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight has an exceptional track record of solving the most complex big data challenges and delivering actionable intelligence at the heart of the U.S. national security mission.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life:
Candidate will implement the inference infrastructure to do a pilot testing the feasibility and scalability of a new machine learning algorithm to identify the author of small to large portions of text. The infrastructure to do the training has already been implemented. The candidate will build the infrastructure to coalesce the appropriate data, apply the model to the collected data, and store the results into an Accumulo table that will be queried by the end user system. The candidate will work closely with the researchers who developed the algorithm and the developers of the end user system. If time permits the candidate might be required to accelerate the training and inference of the machine learning algorithms using GPU accelerated machine learning APIs.
What we are expecting from you:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline; an associate's degree in computer science or related discipline and two (2) years programming experience; or five (5) years programming experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of three (3) years of experience programming with a combination of any or all of the following: Java, C, or C++
- Within the last three (3) years, a minimum of one (1) year experience designing and developing applications in a Windows or UNIX/Linux operating environment
- Demonstrated experience with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Apache Accumulo, and/or Big Table
- Demonstrated experience with Map/Reduce
- Demonstrated experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Demonstrated experience with requirements analysis and design for one (1) or more object-oriented systems
- Demonstrated experience developing analytics within the Customer framework.
- Demonstrated experience with Java.
- Demonstrated experience with Git repositories.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is REQUIRED.
What we are desiring from you:
- Demonstrated experience with training and applying machine learning methods.
- Demonstrated experience with Docker.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.atg-us.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.