Cloud Security Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
DevOps | Fulton, MD | Full Time
Your Mission: Become proficient in cloud security through exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Enhance your current cloud security skillset by designing, implementing, and monitoring cutting edge AWS-based security solutions. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside cloud computing experts in an effort to secure infrastructure and development environments while growing your own cloud security knowledge and expertise. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with AWS services, and the underlying operating systems themselves, to implement security controls, and improve security automations.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Collaborate with team members to architect secure solutions to complex technological problems.
- Evaluate security products and recommend solutions for system enhancement.
- Leverage built-in AWS services, APIs, and custom workflows to build security automation.
- Develop integration plans for new security products.
- Design and optimize the NiFi and logging architecture.
- Create scripts to support log aggregation and analysis.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools/services daily as you help build and stand up a complete security architecture.
- A Creative Communicator: You can communicate with audiences of varying technical ability in a language each understands (This is a user-facing role and you will be working with a highly technical team).
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for government customers.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual security processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments.
- Expertise with Linux and Windows configuration management and security administration.
- Experience working with a multitude of infrastructure security tools/products performing IDS/IPS, log aggregation/analysis, and vulnerability scanning functions.
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- At least 12 years of experience performing systems and/or security engineering.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree)
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Fullscope Polygraph
Nice to have:
- AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory. At a minimum, you should have an understanding/ knowledge of AWS architectures, capabilities, and services.
- AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Administrator Associate Certification.
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Puppet, Salt, Ansible).
- Experience with hardware and software certificate deployment.
- Experience with development of hardware and software VPN solutions.
- Experience with managing and customizing log aggregation tools such as Splunk, NiFi, etc.
- Experience with managing and customizing system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Nagios, etc.
- Experience managing a distributed vulnerability scanning environment using Tenable, Rapid7, OpenVAS, etc.
- Experience with deploying and managing IDS/IPS systems such as Cisco Firepower, Snort, etc.
- Technical certifications from organizations such as AWS, Cisco, RedHat, Microsoft, etc.
- Industry-recognized security certifications such as CISSP, Security+, CEH, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise working with traditional networking elements including routers, switches and firewalls across multiple product lines including Cisco and PaloAlto.
- Experience working in ever changing dynamic environments.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.