Cloud Operations Mid-level SysAdmin or Engineer - Polygraph
Systems Administrators | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
The Cloud Operations team is responsible for Tier 2 and 3 operational support of a mission-critical Enterprise Cloud Hosting system. The position includes operational monitoring and management of Linux/Windows based workloads and COTS software as well as providing Tier 2/3 support to mission groups in need of critical assistance.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
- Tier 2 and 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Analyze system performance and take corrective actions as needed
- Develop and update support documentation and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to independently represent the program in supporting a consumer's or mission partner's maintenance activity
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities
- Use open-source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
- Work with cloud-native services to implement event-driven architectures via Infrastructure as Code
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn and work with new things.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop cutting edge solutions.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 6 years of experience performing either Systems Administration, working with software development teams, systems automation, or performing other technically complex tier 2/3 support
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree)
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Security+ certification or higher
- AWS and/or Azure experience
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to automate repeated tasks and tests (in a modern language, such as Bash or Python)
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience working with JSON or YAML to write Infrastructure as Code
- AWS or Azure certification (i.e. AWS Associate or Professional level Developer, Sysops, or Architect)
- Experience with development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- Experience performing software development in Windows or Linux operating system environments
- Experience with agile
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s vaccination policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or receive a legal exemption and must submit proof of vaccination or exemption on their first day of employment.