Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Infrastructure | Hybrid in Hanover/Remote, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD for unclassified software development, analysis, and hosting. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working with a large-scale domain environment, AWS services, and back-end resources to efficiently improve automation, aid collaboration efforts between customers and engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Polygraph.
- CWIP Certification: IAT II
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating system environments, including installation, configuration, operation, and customization efforts
- Experience with cloud computing and virtualization platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest cloud-computing, networking, and infrastructure management technologies
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols that includes the ability to troubleshoot and correct errors
- 12 years infrastructure engineering experience, BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree, 6 years for a Master’s, and 8 for a Ph.D.).
Nice to have:
- Experience building and operating a Windows domain through the use of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based hosting tools
- Experience with cloud-based software-defined networking and networking security
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise working with traditional networking elements including routers, switches, and firewalls
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self-certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.