Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Infrastructure | Laurel, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Your Mission: Expand your infrastructure skillset with exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD for unclassified software development, analysis, and hosting. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working with a large-scale domain environment, AWS services, and back-end resources to efficiently improve automation, aid collaboration efforts between customers and engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI clearance w/ Polygraph
- CWIP Certification: IAT I
- Experience with Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Experience performing automation in Linux or Windows environments using scripting languages such as Bash or PowerShell, specifically ansible.
- Experience with software chain-of-trust and hardening images in RHEL
- Experience with cloud computing and virtualization platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- 6years of infrastructure engineering experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree, 6 years for a Master’s, and 8 for a Ph.D.).
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.