Cloud Front-end Engineer
Software Engineering | Remote | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Enhance your current software development skillset by developing front-end and back-end components of cloud-focused, SaaS/PaaS systems backed by AWS and Azure services and resources. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build and maintain our Altitude product, and the world’s only full-scale cloud emulation platform, SHIFT. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working with both front-end and back-end web development frameworks, AWS and Azure services, Kubernetes, Terraform, and back-end resources, to efficiently build new functionality and continuously improve user experience. Working on the Products team provides a great opportunity to leverage existing skillsets while developing new ones.
You will excel in this role if you are:
Embracing Emerging Technology: You leverage AWS, Azure, and their accompanying services to help facilitate software development efforts. Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including modern development tools, languages, frameworks, development/test/QA tools, cloud computing, container development, microservices, and automation. Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop solutions for both commercial and government customers. Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies. Flexible: You are able to work remotely and be part of a virtual team that primarily communicates via collaboration technologies. Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- • Proficient in performing software development, software engineering, or software automation.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Ability to work remotely as part of a virtual team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. • Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- We are looking for an individual with experience in and can contribute to our Software Development, with an emphasis on Front End:
- Software Development o Front End Develop new components or expand upon existing components for a web UI to include: Resource Management, Analytics, Data Visualization, Real-Time Notifications, Dashboards, Other Items Added to Roadmap
- Understand and leverage the following methods of communication from back-end services: WebSockets, Server-Side Events, and HTTP1 AJAX requests.
- Understand and leverage the following protocol standards from back-end services: REST, GraphQL
- Understand concepts of TLS, CORS, and related web development security best practices. o Back End
- Expand upon existing components or develop new components to support additional functionality to include: • RESTful APIs to support front-end calls • RESTful APIs to support API-driven services for system-to-system usage
- Event-driven microservices to execute automated functionalities.
- Develop new features in support of the cloud management and emulation platforms
- Improve upon NoSQL database structure to improve efficiency of MongoDB
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with container development methodologies, orchestration, and networking (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, etc.).
- Expand upon existing components or develop new components of a Terraform based cloud infrastructure running workloads using Kubernetes • Devops
- Expand automated testing suite in support of CI/CD activities.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- • Experience with secure software design and implementation for enterprise and cloud applications.
- Experience with or have worked for government agencies and/or government contractors.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure cloud computing platforms.
- Experience with classified, air-gapped, or high-side AWS Regions.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of AWS and Azure SDKs and how they work.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.