Cloud DevSecOps Engineer - Secret
DevOps | Remote | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, deliver next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight, and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Manage and provision resources within AWS, Azure, GCP, and other cloud environments.
- Contribute to git repositories and help with code review and approval.
- Deploy, configure, and manage Kubernetes clusters utilizing tools and services such as Helm, ArgoCD, Istio, and Prometheus.
- Implement Single-Sign-On (SSO) solutions with MFA, SAML, and iDP integration.
- Implement Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), policy creation and enforcement.
- Develop and manage VDI solutions utilizing AWS Workspaces, Azure Windows Virtual Desktop and other offerings.
- Harden security at the cloud provider, networking, and OS layers.
- Configure, manage and integrate logging to EFK Stacks (ElasticSearch, Fluentd, Kibana).
- Develop and assist with architecting custom solutions with code, tools, and cloud services.
- Perform deep-level troubleshooting of cloud services, various tools, and applications.
- Create and continuously update documentation.
- Continuously work with management and peers to improve processes and timeliness for deployments
You will excel in this role if you are:•
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux/Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You are a self-starter who is eager to learn new techniques, methodologies, technologies, and best practices for system implementations.
- Agile: Able to work as part of a small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
- In love with emerging technology!
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Large scale Keycloak deployment and maintenance experience.
- Commercial Cloud Experience (AWS, Azure, GCP) and knowledge of best practices.
- Familiarity with core cloud services for Compute, Networking, Storage, and general principles such as Load Balancing and Autoscaling.
- Expertise reading and editing configuration files, such as JSON and YAML.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Go, and PowerShell.
- Expertise with configuration management and automation tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, and Chef.
- Experience with common infrastructure deployment tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, Deploy Manager, and Azure Resource Manager.
- Experience with deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience managing traffic flows across distributed applications and micro-service architectures using service mesh applications, such as Istio.
- Experience with configuring and deploying containers, building Dockerfiles.
- Experience with deploying and managing logging to Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana (EFK) stacks.
- Experience with software development environments and pipeline tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Bamboo, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Current Secret clearance (or higher) and be eligible to upgrade your clearance to TS/SCI.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Certifications in Commercial Cloud Environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Cloud-Native Architectures Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in Zero Trust.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study.
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs, and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and open-door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.