Cloud DevOps & Automation Engineer (Azure)
DevOps | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Applied Insight, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Your Mission: Become a "cloud-aware" DevOps engineer focused on automation.
Enhance your current infrastructure and DevOps skillset by solving technical problems through the architecture, development, and implementation of complex cloud-based solutions. You will be given the opportunity to grow your current mastery of operating systems, software development, workflow orchestration, automated configuration management, and cloud provider services through environment evolution efforts on Azure (primarily) and also AWS. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with cloud services, and the underlying operating systems themselves, to create automated infrastructure management tools and integrated software development workflows. You will also be given the autonomy to develop custom automations and workflows for deploying robust cloud governance environments and toolsets.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Building custom environment automation solutions to solve complex customer problems
- Managing feature-rich cloud environments (Azure and AWS)
- Architecting cloud capabilities to account for security, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Streamline manual processes by introducing automation efforts
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and methodologies on a daily basis
- Ensuring that all solutions are implemented in a secure manner to protect our clients
- You will excel in this role if you are:
- Automation-focused: You are always looking for ways to automate manual processes or introduce orchestration into daily operational tasks.
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including programming/scripting languages, Azure, AWS, Linux and Windows O/S, and others.
- Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand a customer or team members overarching goal while designing automation solutions that address those goals.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop solutions for use by a multitude of customers.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you should have):
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform and Azure cloud-native services.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating system environments, including installation, configuration, operation, and customization efforts.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, GoLang, Bash, PowerShell, etc. for process and workflow automation.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest cloud-computing, networking, and infrastructure management technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Due to the nature of the contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship.
Nice to have:
- Experience with other cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), etc.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, CSP-native containerization tools, etc.
- Experience with auditing/logging tools such as ElasticSearch, Kibana, Fluentd, Apache NiFi, Splunk, CSP-native logging mechanisms, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Experience working with infrastructure security tools/products such as Tenable, McAfee, Cylance, Security Onion, etc.
- Experience with development of remote access solutions such as VDI (Azure Windows Remote Desktop, AWS WorkSpaces) and VPN (AppGate, OpenVPN, Cisco AnyConnect).
- Experience with managing and customizing system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Nagios, etc.
- Experience managing a distributed vulnerability scanning environment using Tenable, Rapid7, OpenVAS, etc.
- Experience with deploying and managing IDS/IPS systems such as Zeek, Snort, etc.
- Expertise working with networking elements including routers, switches and firewalls across multiple product lines including Cisco and PaloAlto.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study.
- Cloud certifications for Microsoft Azure.
- Other technical certifications from organizations such as AWS, Google, RedHat, etc.
What We Will Provide In Return:
Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
Flexible Spending Account options.
Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over the standard".
Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs, and collaborative learning sessions.
A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.