Cloud Developer - Secret
DevOps | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Implementing, configuring, securing, and managing cloud-based solutions such as Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Planning and implementing the cloud infrastructure for distributed applications and data storage that will run in the system.
- Performing software coding and engineering on the system’s cloud infrastructure. Managing a mix of cloud environments (i.e., public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions).
- Having a working knowledge of emerging technologies relevant to cloud computing (e.g. Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Working alongside the tenant application development teams to support transition and operation of client web sites / applications in and out of the system.
- Creating and employ back-up and disaster recovery solutions.
- Creating processes designed to measure system effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Estimating cloud costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms.
- Keeping technical documentation up to date.
- Creating processes intended to provide environment security, as well as automated processes to provide information on current specifications.
- Overseeing the selection of orchestration tooling, as well as compliance audits and reporting.
- Identifying, correcting, and enhancing important software tools.
- Seeking ways to enhance systems operations, with a focus on automation and minimizing cost.
- Staying abreast of new technologies in the field and provide recommendations to organizational management on new cloud and software solutions.
- Designing and implementing a data retention strategy consistent with required DHS and CWMD policies.
- Producing and maintaining system architecture drawings such as OV-1s and SV1s.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- A great communicator: Able to be a “technology translator” for our customers and users on a daily basis.
- Motivated: Looking to learn new things. We encourage cross training and learning new skills in our lab environment is possible every single day.
- A problem solver: Able to work through technical issues and critically think through new solutions.
- A team player: We value our team mentality!
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelor's degree and 7 Years of technical experience.
- Experience with AWS or Azure.
- Active Secret clearance.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Experience in a range of technology areas focused around cloud migration, design, implementation, and operation.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Technical cloud certifications for AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.