CAN/LAN Architecture Engineer
Infrastructure/Security | Springfield, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
The CAN/LAN Architecture Engineer provides design solutions for high availability Ethernet networks supporting a global national intelligence enterprise. CAN/LAN Architecture supports Service Management through development of standard solutions and deliverables to transform the enterprise to an Managed Service Provider architecture. The candidate will develop standard engineering deliverables including diagrams, documents, and device configurations. As part of CAN/LAN Architecture, the candidate will also investigate, evaluate, and test new technologies (hardware and software) and industry trends pertinent towards software defined networking, network automation, and future network capabilities. The CAN/LAN Architecture Engineer also supports the Service Management team with implementation an troubleshooting of CAN/LAN service solutions.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Dynamic routing protocol expertise: BGP, OSPF for IPv4
- LACP, 802.1q, and ECMP expertise
- TCP/UDP unicast and multicast expertise
- Cisco IOS experience
- DoD STIG compliance experience
- Extensive solution design and delivery
- MS Office and Visio proficiency
- Ability to convey ideas to a large audience
- 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
- CCNP or CCIE certifications are preferred.
- IAT Level II certification required.
- This person must be able to demonstrate technical expertise and prove experience with production networks.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing their own projects from start to finish, so this person will have initiative and discipline towards accomplishing common goals.
- They must be effective at communicating technical ideas through presentations, documentation, and virtual meetings.
- TS/SCI Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.