Business Financial Professional, Level 1
Business and Financial Operations | Linthicum Heights, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the Business Financial Professional, you will assist in the execution of the Program’s Budget through the creation/maintenance of spend plans, requisitions and their supporting documents. You will coordinate financial data with appropriate Government officials, such as Business Financial Managers, Program Managers, Contract Managers, Contracting Officers and Contracting Specialists and will contribute to the maintenance of current resources to support the day-to-day mission activities.
The Level 1 Business Financial Professional (BFP) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Assist with the validation/completion of Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs)
- Assist the Government Business Contract Management Offices with conducting End of the Year activities and the completion of the Actual data calls
- Enter requisitions in the agency’s financial management system that include all necessary information and documentation (PSC#, PAR, SPAT, BER#, Acq Sec# etc.)
- In agency’s financial management system, prepare non-complex Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPR) and Economy Act Orders (EAO) and their associated requisitions.
- Process incoming MIPRs and EAOs using standard BM&A process to ensure Agency acceptance.
- Create and maintain spend plans in the Agency’s financial management system to document Government-specified requirements
- Modify requisitions and associated documentation to comply with Contracting’s guidance to assist in the obligation of funds.
- Assist Government Program Managers (GPMs) in tracking requirements through execution by tracking and monitoring requisitions through the approval and certification process and to the subsequent destination (either Contracting’s database or the receiving entity)
- Pull financial reports/data from Agency systems such as FACTS, CMIS, EDSS, and CDW
- Utilize established NSA acquisition and financial management policies, procedures, regulations and tools.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Four (4) years of DoD, IC, or 6 (six) years of combined DoD, IC and commercial experience in purchasing or finance required
- Agency’s financial management system and its interfaces (currently FACTS, CMIS and CDW) experience is preferred
- In lieu of two (2) years of experience, an undergraduate degree with a business focus is acceptable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel to include creating formulas and pivot tables is required
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.