Business Development Solutions Architect - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Corporate | Hanover, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Analyze RFP requirements to develop compliant and compelling solutions and approaches.
- Assist business leads with aligning AI’s capabilities, past performance, and subject matter expertise with new opportunities.
- Support RFI responses, guiding customers towards innovative technologies and industry best practices.
- Develop narrative responses to market surveys, RFIs, RFPs, and white papers to present your solution and position it as a winning value proposition.
- Serve as technical lead or volume lead for RFP responses, working closely with capture managers and business leads to develop an overall response
You will excel in this role if you are:
Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies such as systems engineering, cloud computing, software development, and enterprise architecture, with a unique ability to apply that expertise towards Government acquisition requirements
Solution-Oriented: You think strategically, seeking to drive customer innovation by developing solutions that are both forward leaning and pragmatic
Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand a customer or team members overarching goal while designing enterprise solutions that address those goals.
Agile: Able to work as part of a small team working together to develop solutions for use by a multitude of customers.
Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
Required Qualifications. What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you should have):
- 10-15 years experience with technical architectures and industry best practices across IT consulting, IT operations, application development, or support.
- 5+ years experience serving as a Solutions Architect or Technical Volume Lead for government RFP responses in pursuit of contracts valued at $100M+.
- Familiarity with current leading industry trends such as cloud computing, containerization, AI/ML, etc.
- Experience with federal acquisitions and knowledge of government procurement cycles.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest cloud-computing, networking, and infrastructure management technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- A self-starter attitude, with the ability to lead discussions and work with minimal direction.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of study.
- TS/SCI security clearance (CI or FS poly).
- Technical cloud certifications for AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Other technical certifications from organizations such as AWS, Google, RedHat, etc.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.