Test Engineers | Chantilly, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, support, and tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Support an ongoing initiative to standardize software development practices to a prescriptive agile model. As part of this agile model, a new phase has been initiated which involves adopting an enterprise agile framework with a goal of driving IT Optimization across the organization.
In tandem with maturing agile practices, resources are needed to support a new corporate initiative that involves creating and scaling innovation best practices across the organization with the goal of creating a Center of Innovation Excellence. This goal will allow the organization to more rapidly respond to customer requirements, attract and retain engineering talent, and reduce the organization’s time to develop and deploy capabilities enterprise-wide.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 6-11 years of demonstrated experience with Scrum and other Agile frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience as an Agile Coach or Scrum Master.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Agile approaches and best practices towards implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with defining, mapping, tracking, and reporting on, project Milestones, Minimum Value Increments, Epics, and User Stories.
- Demonstrated experience using JIRA.
- Demonstrated experience with Rapid Prototyping.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean Startup.
- Demonstrated experience with Design Sprints.
- Demonstrated experience with User-Centered Design (UCD)
- Demonstrated experience building a system from initial concept to full production release
- Demonstrated experience with collaboration systems such as Bluescape, Confluence and JIRA.
- Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Demonstrated experience within the Sponsor’s organization, in order to have captured understanding and mastery of the Sponsor’s processes and systems.
- Demonstrated experience leading system development teams
- Demonstrated experience working with Agile teams within the Sponsors organization
- Experience with implementing best practices for testing in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor’s collaboration systems, including Bluescape, Confluence, and JIRA.
- Demonstrated experience with Sponsor’s “Certified Applications” corporate initiative and criteria.
- Demonstrated experience implementing Accessibility.
- Demonstrated experience with Sponsor Style Guide.
- Demonstrated experience with DevSecOps.
- Demonstrated experience creating an Innovation Center / Innovation Lab.
- Demonstrated experience working with User Experience (UX) / User Interface (UI) engineers.
- Demonstrated experience with defining, mapping, tracking, and reporting on project milestones.
- Demonstrated experience with Business Process Improvement
- Demonstrated experience with Agile Maturity Models
- Demonstrated experience with Innovation Maturity Models
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee-centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.