Infrastructure | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- As the Application Tester, you will work collaboratively with cross-functional team members to advise and ensure appropriate testing on projects and serve as a conduit in delivering quality results
- Dive into ongoing projects and ask the appropriate questions to plan and create test cases and understand what needs to be done regarding integration and regression testing
- Provide recommendations on appropriate testing strategies and methodologies for assigned work
- Perform analysis and identify candidates for test automation, determining the appropriate technology required
- Create automation framework, design and develop automated test scripts and maintain and update existing scripts
- Analyze results of test runs and determine the reason of failures
- Document, communicate and track the progress of defects through resolution
- Actively participate in design reviews and provide feedback on features, user story acceptance criteria, and usability
- Identify and communicate situations that put the project quality at risk
- Contribute to the design and implementation of testing processes, tools, and frameworks
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Strong familiarity with using test automation tools such as Cypress or Selenium and writing automation testing using such or similar frameworks.
- Knowledge of test methodologies and the difference between testing and checking
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Minimum of 7 years testing experience using test automation software - Cypress
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Secret clearance
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Cloud knowledge/experience
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.