Application Engineer IV
Software Engineering | Columbia, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Supporting our nation’s intelligence and DoD community, you will have the opportunity to work with the nation’s largest data sets and assist in solving our nation’s most complex data challenges.
Completing a variety of interesting applied R&D tasks ranging from client-side development to full-stack development.
Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle complex development problems.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage a variety of programming languages and technologies, in a well-funded environment, to solve intricate technical problems impacting national security.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop cutting edge solutions.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we will expect and desire from you:
The Application Engineer- Analytics Developer will play a role in the design, implementation, and maintenance of data ingest processes for a user security alert dashboard, specifically automating the processing of customer data logs.
Required: experience with ElasticSearch, Kibana, Kubernetes, Scala, Spark streaming, pub/sub architecture (specifically Kafka)
Desired: experience with Angular 7+, Node.js, Redis, MySQL
The Cloud Hunt Specialist will conduct Adversarial Pursuit activities to detect and respond to Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) and adversarial network activities that evade traditional Computer Network Defense methods within commercial cloud platforms. The Cloud Hunt Specialist will conduct hunt/vulnerability/forensic analysis on hosts, networks, systems, and cloud data repositories.
- Experience with Azure Identity and Directory Infrastructure
- Experience with Azure Applications and Network Controls
- Experience with HDSF/MapReduce/Pig
- Red/Blue/Purple Team or Computer Network Defense experience
Desired: Microsoft Azure certification (Administrator Associate/ Security Engineer Associate/ Data Scientist Associate) or Microsoft 365 certification (Enterprise Administrator/Security Administrator)
The Application Engineer- Data Cloud Engineer will support the modernization and transition of security and insider threat platforms.
5 years experience with development in Python or at least two other languages
2 years experience with Linux and Windows system administration
2 years experience configuring system monitoring tools
2 years experience standing up new Linux servers
Experience with Cloud architectures (AWS, Azure), automation, microservices architectures, k8s
API Front end development experience
Experience with Elasticsearch and object storage
Desired: experience with Spark, Splunk, Oracle, MariaDB, Prometheus, Grafana
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.