Analytic Software Developer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
DevOps | College Park, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, delivers next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Working with sensors and analytics.
- Development and subsequent evaluation & testing, of a distributed, streaming sensor analytic network.
- Perform research/scientific programming or pure software development and provide guidance to our customers on the best ways to achieve their mission.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Interested in learning a variety of technologies; whatever is right for the task at-hand.
- Wants to learn about software-defined radio using Ettus 205's running GNURadio.
- Interested in a variety of sensors and hardware including Intel NUC's, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, RaspberryPi's, etc.
- Desires to learn and implement various statistical and ML-based approaches in distributed sensor networks.
- Willing to see a product from concept, to design, to implementation, to testing, and deployment.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 1 + years of experience using Docker containers to deploy applications.
- 1 + years of Python development experience (other OOP experience will be considered).
- 1 + years using in-memory databases/caches such as Redis.
- 3+ years using Ubuntu as a development platform.
- Comfortable using various message queues to pass data such as NATS, RabbitMQ, or ActiveMQ.
- Experience with serialization formats such as JSON and Google Protocol Buffers.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Top Secret (with polygraph) Federal Government clearance is preferred.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Jetson GPU programming.
- rOS (Robot OS).
- SDR using GNURadio.
- Sensor development years of experience working across.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.