aiLabs Software Developer
Software Engineering | Fulton, MD | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Applied Insight’s cloud infrastructure specialists, deliver next-generation cloud solutions that give Federal customers greater command and control, insight and security for their public and private cloud deployments.
On joining our team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Your Mission: Become a "cloud-aware" infrastructure engineer focused on automation.
Enhance your current infrastructure and DevOps skillset by solving technical problems through the architecture, development, and implementation of complex cloud-based solutions. You will be given the opportunity to grow your current mastery of operating systems, software development, workflow orchestration, automated configuration management, and cloud provider services through environment evolution efforts on AWS and Azure. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working directly with cloud services, and the underlying operating systems themselves, to create automated infrastructure management and deployment tools. You will also be given the autonomy to develop custom automation and workflows for deploying robust cloud governance environments and toolsets.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Building custom environment automation solutions to solve complex customer problems
- Managing feature-rich cloud environments (both AWS and Azure)
- Architecting cloud capabilities to account for security, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Streamline manual processes by introducing automation efforts
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and methodologies on a daily basis
- Ensuring that all solutions are implemented in a secure manner to protect our clients
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Automation-focused: You are always looking for ways to automate manual processes or introduce orchestration into daily operational tasks.
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies including programming/scripting languages, AWS, Azure, Linux and Windows O/S, and others.
- Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You can understand a customer or team member's overarching goal while designing automation solutions that address those goals.
- Agile: Able to work as part of a small team working together to develop solutions for use by a multitude of customers.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you should have):
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating system environments, including installation, configuration, operation, and customization efforts.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, GoLang, Bash, PowerShell, etc. for process and workflow automation.
- Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest cloud-computing, networking, and infrastructure management technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, CSP-native container tools, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Experience working with infrastructure security tools/products such as Tenable, McAfee, Cylance, Security Onion, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols that includes the ability to troubleshoot and correct errors.
- Storage technologies/protocol experience across NetApp, LUNs, Fibre Channel, CIFS, NFS.
- Experience with the development of hardware and software VPN solutions.
- Experience with managing and customizing system monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Nagios, etc.
- Experience managing a distributed vulnerability scanning environment using Tenable, Rapid7, OpenVAS, etc.
- Experience with deploying and managing IDS/IPS systems such as Cisco Firepower, Snort, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise working with traditional networking elements including routers, switches and firewalls across multiple product lines including Cisco and PaloAlto.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study.
- Technical certifications from organizations such as AWS, Cisco, RedHat, Microsoft, etc.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over the standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs, and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.stratussolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.