Agile Project Manager
Infrastructure | Scott Air Force Base, IL | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Manage a fast-paced Cyber Security team of 10-25 employees and subcontractors using Agile Project Methodologies (facilitate daily scrum, conduct sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint review and retrospective)
- Assign, Instrument, Monitor, and Report individual and team tasking levels and deliver reports and metrics to government and corporate leadership
- Relay real-time personnel information to government and corporate leadership as necessary
- Generate and submit Weekly Activity Reporting (WAR) outlining team accomplishments
- Generate, collate, and submit all Contractual Deliverables (CDRLs) as required
- Prepare reports, collect data, and conduct Program Management Reviews (PMRs)
- Ensure delivery is executed professionally, thoughtfully, thoroughly, efficiently and ethically
- Handle routine communications with the customer as well as escalations
- In conjunction with corporate, manage matters concerning contract or personnel performance
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Experience with Cyber Security, the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes including, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and IT Lean/SISS
- Ability to explain detailed Cyber Security related tasking to team, as well as team’s activity to government and corporate leadership
- Experience using Agile Project Management Methodologies
- Experience in managing technical teams in a fast-paced environment
- Be an experienced champion of Weekly Activity Reporting (WAR), Contractual Deliverables (CDRLs), Program Management Reviews (PMRs)
- Experience generating and reporting on tasking levels, metrics, and personnel information
- Experience with real-time collaboration tools and methods, including Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and other tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relational skills and leadership qualities
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Independence, persistence and self-initiation
- Active Secret clearance
- Active Security+ certification
Nice to Have:
- Current or prior technical certifications in Cyber Security or IT
- PMP, project management certification, or equivalent training
- Formal Agile or Scrum training
- Knowledge of virtual machines and Windows
- Knowledge of various flavors of UNIX including: AIX, Solaris, TRU64, HP-UX and Linux
- Knowledge of networking architecture, devices, technologies and protocols as well as firewalls
- Knowledge of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and wireless technology
- Knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), Apache and Netscape, as well as other COTS server products
- Knowledge of databases such as Oracle, SQL, MongoDB or Sybase, as well as other COTS database products
- Knowledge of Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Scanner and ACAS/Nessus Security Scanner
- Although not mandatory, preference will be given to candidates that possess prior experience within the armed forces or possess a strong understanding of such
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.