Acquisition Program Management Consultant - Secret
PMO Support | Washington Metro | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
- Supports the Tactical Aircraft and Vessel Acquisitions (TAVA) Division Program Managers (PMs) of Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Air and Marine Operations (AMO) in the development of acquisition strategies, documentation, and source selection and processes.
- The analyst supports all aspects of TAVA programs including drafting acquisition plans, acquisition program baselines, source selection plans; and assists with gap analyses and translating operational requirements into performance specifications.
- The Senior Program Analyst is a subject matter expert (SME) in project management who advises PMs and assists with the planning, oversight, and execution of AMO acquisition or recapitalization projects.
- Documentation includes market research reports, statements of work (SOWs) and performance specifications; requests for information and proposals (RFIs and RFPs); and technical evaluation summaries of contractor/vendor RFP responses.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- A BS or MS degree in a technical or business discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing complex DoD/DHS acquisition or pre-planned product improvement (P3I) projects controlling project cost, schedule, and performance; and implementing progress reports, delivery schedules, cost modeling, and budget estimates to communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Interpretation and effective utilization of application of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Homeland Security Acquisition Manual (HSAM) to include systems engineering (SE), cost analysis, and earned value management (EVM).
- Ability to work within interdisciplinary teams to capture end user needs, translate those needs into technical requirements, and articulate them in performance specifications.
- Experience in gathering and assimilating data; drafting and editing technical documents; and presenting technical information to audiences with various degrees of technical expertise.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Position requires availability to travel up to 25%.
- Active Secret clearance.
- CBP background investigation.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- A Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) or DHS or DoD Acquisition Professional, Program Manager Level III/II certification.
- Technical knowledge of aircraft or marine systems; aircraft avionics or marine navigation and communication systems; and sensor systems (i.e. radar, electro-optical/infrared sensors).
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.