Internal Application: Acquisition & Logistics Consultant
PMO Support | Washington, DC | Full Time
Acquisition & Logistics Consultant
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
The Spectrum Efficient National Surveillance Radar (SENSR) Program is a joint DHS, DOD, and FAA effort to acquire persistent wide-area aviation surveillance capabilities to replace “primary” long-range radar currently used to support the DHS and DoD missions. AMO has been designated the DHS Executive Agent for SENSR. The AMO/SENSR group needs an Acquisition Consultant to provide support throughout the life cycle of this acquisition.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
- Contractor will support the full life cycle range of these activities, including market research, acquisition strategy and planning, contract formation, proposal evaluations, contract negotiation and award, contract administration, and contract closeout; Contractor’s primary focus will be on suitability issues, including supportability and sustainment, reliability and maintainability;
- Shall develop documents, such as Requests for Information (RFIs), acquisition plans, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal evaluation and source selection documentation, and contract documents, especially documentation portions on suitability
- Will support the Government Program Manager on relevant project management aspects and will keep the PM informed on status of relevant program activities
- Will participate (and coordinate aspects, as necessary) cross-agency meetings and industry engagement events.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Must have four-year Bachelor’s degree from accredited University; prefer BS degree in engineering or technical discipline;
- Strongly desire Federal Acquisition Institute Federal Acquisition Certification in acquisition.
- Must have five years of Federal acquisition support experience (prefer ten years or more), including experience with suitability aspects of the full life cycle range of Federal acquisition described above, including significant experience with acquisition of large-scale technology systems;
- Experience with joint program offices a plus; must be able to successfully exert influence and sound programmatic judgment in a dynamic, fast-paced joint program environment;
- Strongly desire experience with performance-based logistics; Must have experience developing requirements and performance work statements;
- Must have experience with planning, developing, and evaluating alternative procurement strategies;
- PMI Project Management Professional, DAU PM certification, or DHS PM certification a plus
- Must obtain a CBP background investigation to retain the position. Must obtain SECRET security clearance to retain the position.
- Some travel will be required
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.