Internal Application: Accountant Assistant
Corporate | Tysons, VA | Full Time
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the AI team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
Perform daily, monthly, and year-end Accounts Payable functions. Duties will span to General Ledger, Payroll, Financial Statements & Analysis, and Audit Support.
You will excel in this role if you are:
• Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
• Make recommendations to improve processes, create efficiencies and standardize business practices.
• May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Perform daily, monthly, and year-end accounting functions. Duties will span General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Financial Statements & Analysis, and Audit Support
- Maintains the control of accounts and records transactions in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income.
- Corresponds with other departments to ensure proper approvals are provided to record accounting transactions.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Review employee expense reports in accordance with company policies and Joint Travel Regulations.
- Prepares accounting schedules and reports.
- Record company credit card transactions and reconcile credit card accounts.
- Reconciliation of employee benefit against General Ledger.
- Support preparation of financial statements and month-end variance analysis.
- Assist with budgeting and cash flow analysis.
- Prepares forecasts and reports detailing revenues and expenses by cost center.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Document and monitor accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Make recommendations to improve processes, create efficiencies and standardize business practices.
- Assists with preparations for the annual audit.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.