Regional Property Manager
Property Manager | Troy, MI | Full Time
YOU MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND A RESUME.
AGM Management LLC is a property management company based in Michigan. Through affiliated entities, AGM owns and manages 24 project-based Section 8 properties located in 11 states. We are seeking a Regional Property Manager to be based out of our Troy, Michigan office and to oversee the management, operations, and physical condition of a portion of the portfolio.
The Regional Property Manager will oversee a portfolio of 6 – 10 properties, and will ensure the physical and financial excellence of the properties within his or her portfolio, as well as ensure that the property is fully compliant with all HUD regulations. The position is based in our home office in Troy, MI but requires frequent travel (approximately 7 – 10 days per month) to the properties in your portfolio.
- Strive to achieve 98 – 100% occupancy for your portfolio of properties by reducing unit turn time, minimizing bad debt, maximizing special claim collections on vacancy, using HUD repayment plans, and reviewing all discrepancies in the HUD voucher
- Ensure that properties are in excellent physical condition
- Oversee performance of quarterly inspections and completion of work orders that result from inspections
- Perform 100% unit inspections once per year
- Travel to each property at least once per year
- Reduce expenses and stay within or under budget. Review budget vs actual each month, identify opportunities for expense reduction, and carry those things out
- Ensure that property is well prepared for MOR, attend every MOR and ensure that score is at least a satisfactory
- Perform annual file audits at each property. Check that certifications are being calculated correctly and that property is fully compliant with all HUD regulations
- Perform monthly training and identify further education opportunities for site managers, on topics such as HUD compliance, company policy and procedure, using technology to help with efficiency, etc.
- Hire and train new property managers as necessary
- Ensure that tax credit properties are in compliance with the tax credit regulations and submit all required reports to the state housing finance agency
- Respond promptly to on-site manager’s questions and to bookkeepers' information requests
- Act as the point person for company policy on leasing, eviction, move-out procedures, tenant selection, housekeeping rules, purchasing and contracting procedure, and property rules and regulations
- Evaluate maintenance and office staff on an annual basis
- Knowledge of the HUD Section 8 4350.3 handbook
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the field of property management, including experience with Affordable Housing programs (Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credit) a must
- Experience with preparation and oversight of REAC inspections
- Experience with preparation and oversight of MOR inspections
Knowledge of Annual Recertification process
- Exceptional task management, communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable using a computer to routinely perform job functions.
- Willingness and ability to travel by air and automobile
- Proficiency with real estate software programs such as Yardi, OneSite or comparable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to defuse difficult situations
- College degree preferred
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Annual performance-based bonus.
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 Weeks of paid vacation
- Sick and bereavement time
- Fitness/ Healthy habits reimbursement
- Monthly performance bonus
- Annual cost of living raises
- Job security/ stability
- Paid training