Apartment Property Manager - Columbia, SC
Property Manager | Columbia, SC | Full Time
AGM Management is seeking a Property Manager at our approximately 100-unit affordable housing community in Columbia. The property manager will be responsible for all aspects of leasing and maintenance at the community.
Our Company manages project-based Section 8 apartment properties in 28 different cities. AGM strives to provide high-quality, safe and well run housing. We offer employees competitive salary and benefits, job training and more.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Successful candidates have:
- a positive attitude with a commitment to the success of the team;
- excellent organizational skills and attention to detail oriented;
- the ability to work independently;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- proficiency in MS Office products and experience with property management software;
- three year experience in a property management office or similar administrative role;
- credentialing and affordable housing experience is not required but is strongly preferred.
- Collection of rents; including collection, recording, serving notice to past due residents, filing appropriate paperwork with courts when necessary, etc.
- Verification of individual and household incomes to verify household meet income restrictions as well as affordable housing program requirements
- Certification and re-certification of residents to comply with HUD rules and regulations.
- Housing quality inspections to verify and document proper upkeep of the property.
- Work side by side with maintenance staff and contractors to ensure that the property is well maintained and marketable. Occasionally assist with light cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Marketing of Property
- Organizing of Resident Activities as well as networking with local or area community services to help provide resources to residents.
- Handling and addressing resident concerns
- Providing required property reports and statement to regional staff timely and accurately.
- Process the HUD voucher
- Maintain resident files in complete and accurate condition
- Turn around vacant units efficiently
- Resolve resident complaints
- Maintain property and units in excellent physical condition
- Input vendor invoices in our accounting software
- Initiate any necessary evictions or lease violations
- 3 or more years of property management experience
- Section 8 , tax credit or affordable housing experience strongly preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable using a computer to routinely perform job functions.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k (retirement) plan with 2% employer contribution
- Dental Insurance
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Sick and bereavement time
- Fitness/ Healthy habits reimbursement
- Monthly performance bonus
- Annual cost of living raises
- Job security/ stability
- Paid training