Apartment Property Manager - Charlotte, NC
Property Manager | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
AGM Management is seeking a property management professional to provide exceptional customer experiences to our residents. This Property Management position is located at a 100 unit affordable housing apartment community in Charlotte, NC. The property manager will be responsible for and directly involved in all aspects of property management, leasing, and maintenance at the community.
AGM Management and its affiliated companies acquire, own and manage conventional market rate apartments and project-based Section 8 apartment properties in 28 different cities. AGM strives to provide high-quality and efficiently run housing. We offer employees competitive salary and benefits, job training and more.
Successful candidates will have:
- Positive attitude with a professional demeanor and commitment to the success of the team.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self directed, and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office products and experience with property management software.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in a property management office or similar administrative role.
- Credentialing and affordable housing experience is not required but would be preferred.
- Collection of rents; including collection, recording, serving notice to past due residents, filing appropriate paperwork with courts when necessary, etc.
- Verification of individual and household incomes to verify household meet income restrictions as well as affordable housing program requirements
- Certification and re-certification of residents to comply with HUD rules and regulation.
- Housing quality inspections to verify and document proper upkeep of the property.
- Work side by side with maintenance staff and contractors to ensure that the property is well maintained and marketable. Occasionally assist with light cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Marketing of Property
- Organizing of Resident Activities as well as networking with local or area community services to help provide resources to residents.
- Handling and addressing resident concerns
- Providing required property reports and statement to regional staff timely and accurately.
- Process the HUD voucher
- Maintain resident files in complete and accurate condition
- Turn around vacant units efficiently
- Resolve resident complaints
- Maintain property and units in excellent physical condition
- Input vendor invoices in our accounting software
- Initiate any necessary evictions or lease violations
- 3 or more years of property management experience
- Section 8 , tax credit or affordable housing experience strongly preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable using a computer to routinely perform job functions.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 Weeks of paid vacation
- Sick and bereavement time
- Fitness/ Healthy habits reimbursement
- Monthly performance bonus
- Annual cost of living raises
- Job security/ stability
- Paid training
- Retirement savings plan