Estimating | Stanton, CA | Full Time
AGI General Contracting (AGI) is a commercial general contracting firm that was founded in 1978 and has successfully completed projects in a wide range of industries, from grocery stores and retail developments to medical facilities, restaurants and theme parks. AGI is a relationship based contractor that is serious about taking care of its clients. We are considered a top contractor by our clients as demonstrated by the consistent pipeline of work that we do for them. AGIs growing list of clients includes over a dozen national/regional retailers, developers and healthcare providers. AGI General Contracting has been recognized as a Top Tenant Improvement Contractor by the Orange County Business Journal (2009-2020) and one of Orange County's Best Places to Work five years in a row.
Our vision is to be the leading commercial general contracting firm in the West specializing in healthcare, grocery, and retail.
AGIs Values are Integrity, Family, Safety, Customer-Centric, Customer Satisfaction, Giving Back.
AGI General Contracting has always been a family owned and operated business, and our work environment reflects our values. We reward talent, loyalty, pride of workmanship, whatever it takes attitude and reliability. We provide opportunities to grow and advance based on performance. If you share our high standards and solid values, we would love to talk with you about an opportunity for a rewarding future with AGI.
- Develop comprehensive subcontractor lists for each project, distribute invitations to bid and ensure accurate trade coverage
- Order all drawings and specifications and distribute to plan room and subcontractors
- Attend client job walks and schedule and manage job walks with subcontractors
- Thoroughly examine plans and bid documents to determine constructability and uncover inconsistencies or discrepancies in the bid documents
- Develop scopes of work for each trade to eliminate “gray areas” between bidding trades
- Generate and submit RFI’s to help clearly define missing scope and/or discrepancies in the bid documents
- Qualify subcontractor bids to ensure the scope of work is completely covered
- Build complex spreadsheets linking various bid form templates together.
- 3-5 years of building construction experience is preferred.
- Four-year college degree in construction management, engineering or business administration is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of plans/blueprints, contract documents and specifications.
- Strong computer skills and a familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project).
- Very strong English oral & written communication skills required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle and be able to drive throughout Southern California to attend job walks.
- This position requires high attention to detail, strong organization and excellent planning skills and good time management is required.
- Have the ability and experience to manage multiple tasks under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- AGI offers an excellent salary and benefits packages. We reward talent, loyalty, pride of workmanship, and reliability. AGI is committed to improving the health, safety, and welfare of our employees and clients. That is why our team voted us one of The Best Places to Work in Orange County!
- Compensation package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k plan, paid time off (PTO) and discretionary performance based bonus plan.
- If you think you would be a great fit and share our high standards and solid values, please contact us about the possibility of joining our team.