Jobs - Communities | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Full Time and Part Time
Dementia Co-ordinator North East Essex, Colchester and Tendring
About Age Well East
18 hours a week - 1 Year fixed term contract - Salary £19,558.50 pro-rata (Actual £9,388.08)
Age Well East’s mission is to make 38,000 people a year happier and healthier.
The charity has gone through significant growth over the last couple of years and now operates across Essex and Suffolk. We are increasing our team of friendship coordinators and Dementia team across Essex to combat social isolation and loneliness
Hidden Disabilities- Across North East Essex
- Visit clients in their own homes to undertake an assessment.
- Discuss with the client and/or their representative the difficulties they experience in line with Blue Badge Hidden Disabilities criteria.
- Complete Blue Badge Hidden Disabilities evidence form.
- Compose covering letters to support individual applications including references to supporting evidence.
You will need to have:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and experience of Dementia
- Minimum level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Understand the effects that Dementia can have on anyone affected
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- You will need to be patient, have good communication skills and able to juggle a range of priorities well
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have a supportive nature and be approachable by colleagues, volunteers, and clients alike
- Able to understand and promote empowerment and support people in later years to make decisions to help them to lead an independent and fulfilling life
- We use email, a CRM system to record activity and MS Office so you will need to be good with technology
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to understand the confidential nature of our work and put in place relevant safeguarding procedures
- You will have a genuine desire to make a difference to people in very challenging personal circumstance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (includes a birthday day and closure between Christmas and New Year) pro-rata for part-time
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution
- Up to one week paid bereavement leave for close family
- Up to one week paid critical injury leave for close family
- Up to 4 weeks company sick pay from day one
- Health Assured health package (including up to 6 face-to-face counselling sessions per year)
- Reflective practice sessions
- Death in service insurance
The role is classified as home working but there is one day a week on-site for team engagement, printing and administration and a proportion of time is spent in client premises. You will need to have a suitable space for home working. We conduct references, DBS during pre-employment. Age Well East is an inclusive employer, and we are keen to increase diversity in the organisation.
The charity is growing from 35 to 71 staff in the next financial year as part of planned growth so there is plenty of opportunity for career growth. If you are a match to our values, enjoy working in a team (internal and external partnerships) and genuinely want to reach as many people as possible to reduce loneliness and social isolation apply today to join an organisation that colleagues rate 95% for support from their boss and "world-class", as externally verified, and compared to other organisations across the world.