Volunteer Social Media Manager
CEO - Operations | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Full Time, Part Time, and Volunteer
About the opportunity
Age Concern Colchester is a charitable organisation that looks after the welfare of individuals of 60 years+ to support them in later life. Three key ways that we do this are: -
- To provide support in identifying benefit applications and support in completion - £1.4m per year in benefits delivered
- A befriending service matching individuals with the needs of the older generation - we have 24 befrienders
- Sourcing suitably referenced individuals to support with handyperson activity
The charity has gone through significant change over the last couple of years and is now an independent charity but reaches people across the borough of Colchester.
About Age Concern Colchester
Age Concern Colchester is a Charity which is focused on making life better for individuals in later life. The current services that we provide cover:-
- Identifying benefits that those over 60 are entitled to and supporting in the application process
- Providing a befriending service according to the needs of the individual
- Supplying a qualified and vetted list of handyperson individuals who can support the elderly
- Provides clubs for those in older life for companionship
- Is developing a community cafe for those in later life
The people that work with us our special and provide a great deal of care for those in later life and who need some support.
What are they looking for?
As part of our continued development we are looking for a tech-savvy individual who has commercial experience as a Social Media Manager and would be willing to provide some support either in the office or working from home to increase our profile and visibility online through social media.
As part of our processes because we work with the elderly we DBS anyone who works in our organisation but there is no cost and we will administer this with you.
If you want to be a part of an organisation that makes a genuine difference to the lives of other apply today.
We are looking for someone who has developed Social Media in a commercial organisation and who is sympathetic to the needs of those who are in later life.