Volunteer Personal Assistant
CEO - Operations | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Volunteer
About Age Concern Colchester
Age Concern Colchester is a Charity which is focused on making life better for individuals in later life. The current services that we provide cover:-
- Identifying benefits that those over 60 are entitled to and supporting in the application process
- Providing a befriending service according to the needs of the individual
- Supplying a qualified and vetted list of handyperson individuals who can support the elderly
- Provides clubs for those in older life for companionship
- Is developing a community cafe for those in later life
The people that volunteer and work with us our special and provide a great deal of care for those in later life and who need support, advice, information and sometimes just someone to listen.
What are we looking for?
- You will be super-organised
- You will enjoy putting in place order and things in a logical system
- Excellent computer skills; Outlook (including diary management), Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Very personable with the team and visitors
- Skills in minute-taking are advantageous
- Able to assess situations well and has good judgement
- Has the ability to operate with discretion on sensitive issues
The CEO hasn't worked with an assistant before so someone who has done this role before and who can come in with some ideas would be ideal. We are a flexible organisation and welcome ways to develop from all our volunteers.
Given that this is a volunteering role we may have more than one person who will fill the post so we have more coverage across the week so the ability to work with others is also handy.
Does this sound like you? If so come and have a coffee, meet the team and CEO and join our mission to make a difference to those in later years in Colchester.