Volunteer Personal Assistant
CEO - Operations | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Volunteer
Age Concern is an independent charity has over 75 staff, volunteers and trustees who all work with a purpose of making life easier for those moving into later stages of life. Key activities are:-
- Advice and Advocacy Services for those looking for financial support, benefits, care home costs, community care
- Befriending Service within the Colchester Borough combating isolation and loneliness through visits
- Information - from home cooked meal providers to vital equipment. Care home providers to transport assistance.
- Legal Surgery – Free 30-minute confidential sessions with a solicitor at our offices.
- Consumer Help – Problems with utility suppliers or upset over defective goods or poor service, contact us.
- Clubs and groups which are designed to combat loneliness
- Computer courses – If you want to get online and use a computer or laptop we can help you one-to-one
- Winter Warmth – Electric blanket testing sessions and fee advice on beating the cold.
Our Advisory Services provide £1m-£1.5m of grants per year to those in poverty who are over 60.
We do a lot more and welcome new volunteers especially in the functions of Marketing, Branding, Bid-Writing, Office Administration, Reception, Phone Support, Archiving and many other functions.
- To Promote the welfare of older people and to enable them to maintain their independence by providing advice, knowledge and, where possible, the resources to do to.
- To improve the quality of the life for both older people and their carer’s.
- To combat the ageism by promoting positive attitudes to older people and the aging process.
- To treat every person with respect and courtesy and to value the contribution made by our wonderful team of volunteers.
- To actively fundraise to maintain the highest standards in our services, and to commit to the effective promotion and continuing development of Age Concern Colchester, responding to the people’s needs and requirements of older people in Colchester.
- To work closely with other charitable organisations and stator bodies to deliver a co-ordinated and effective approach to services.
- To peruse the highest standards in all that we do to ensure sustainable, accessible, and inclusive services whilst maintaining budgetary control.
- To monitor and evaluate out work to ensure the best possible services are provided
- To promote Equality and diversity.
If you want to make a difference and feel you have a professional skill to share to benefit the organisation let us know and we welcome speaking and talking it through.
We are reliant on donations to provide these much needed services and without your support we can't survive. If you feel you could help us with a donation click here https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/donation-web/charity?charityId=1006468&stop_mobi=yes to either one-off or regularly donate to help out. Thank you in advance for doing so.