Volunteer HR Administrator
CEO - Operations | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Full Time, Part Time, and Volunteer
About the opportunity
Age Concern Colchester is a charitable organisation that looks after the welfare of individuals of 60 years+ to support them in later life. Three key ways that we do this are: -
- To provide support in identifying benefit applications and support in completion - £1.4m per year in benefits delivered
- A befriending service matching individuals with the needs of the older generation - we have 24 befrienders
- Sourcing suitably referenced individuals to support with handyperson activity
The charity has gone through significant change over the last couple of years and is now an independent charity but reaches people across the borough of Colchester.
About Age Concern Colchester
Age Concern Colchester is a Charity which is focused on making life better for individuals in later life. The current services that we provide cover:-
- Identifying benefits that those over 60 are entitled to and supporting in the application process
- Providing a befriending service according to the needs of the individual
- Supplying a qualified and vetted list of handyperson individuals who can support the elderly
- Provides clubs for those in older life for companionship
- Is developing a community cafe for those in later life
The people that work with us our special and provide a great deal of care for those in later life and who need some support.
What are they looking for?
Duties to include: -
- Advertising new volunteering / staff positions
- Updating company systems with on-boarding
- Managing Monday morning inductions
- Updating / Administering DBS
- Managing the Recruitment Process
- Monitoring and feeding back on areas of high or low performance in HR / Recruitment
We are particularly interested in an individual who has commercial hr admin experience previously.
Some form of HR experience and Qualification even if at early stages
Experience monitoring references and DBS