Fundraising | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Part Time and Volunteer
About Age Concern Colchester
Age Concern Colchester is a Charity which is focused on making life better for individuals in later life. The current services that we provide cover:-
- Identifying benefits that those over 60 are entitled to and supporting in the application process
- Providing a befriending service according to the needs of the individual
- Supplying a qualified and vetted list of handyperson individuals who can support the elderly
- Provides clubs for those in older life for companionship
- Is developing a community cafe for those in later life
The people that volunteer and work with us our special and provide a great deal of care for those in later life and who need support, advice, information and sometimes just someone to listen.
What are we looking for?
Duties to include: -
- Attending collection points and meeting liaison person
- Organising collections teams of volunteers
- Identifying the best placement of volunteers to maximise fundraising impact
- Looking after fundraisers within the team for refreshments, breaks and support
- Returning collections to Age Concern HQ
- Counting the collections
- Finding new opportunities for fundraising for Age Concern
- Making initial contact with partner
- Developing a good long-term relationship
- Maximising opportunities for Age Concern to fund raise with partners
Age Concern Events
- Attending events run by Age Concern or where we have a stall
- Meeting people and explaining about the work of Age Concern
- Aiming to sign people up to support Age Concern through standing orders
- Utilising intelligent collection buckets for donors to sign-up electronically
- Taking donations, counting and returning to Age Concern
- Explaining and evangelising to others how to become a volunteer with Age Concern themselves
For this role you will either have a naturally bubbly personality or perhaps be someone who quietly gets results through alternative approaches. When fundraising we recognise that people approach it in different ways. Above all we need volunteers who are going to be passionate about our cause in making a difference to people in later years.
Fundraising works well if there is a good team vibe and you are all there for one another. Some days are better and some are more challenging but above all you will be there for one another on the better or worse days. Team work is therefore really important so groups of friends are very welcome.
We DBS check and reference all volunteers, there are no costs involved for you.
Whilst we have outlined some duties as a small charity we also need people who are willing to be flexible. Our volunteers often have the hoover out, work through mail, make tea and coffee for visitors, each other and the staff team and we are actively looking for individuals with a profile of being "a breath of fresh air".
Above all we care and will go to great lengths to help those in later years. If you feel this is right for you then apply today and join our mission.