Volunteer Events Manager
CEO - Operations | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Full Time, Part Time, and Volunteer
About the opportunity
Age Concern Colchester is a charitable organisation that looks after the welfare of individuals of 60 years+ to support them in later life. Three key ways that we do this are: -
- To provide support in identifying benefit applications and support in completion - £1.4m per year in benefits delivered
- A befriending service matching individuals with the needs of the older generation - we have 24 befrienders
- Sourcing suitably referenced individuals to support with handyperson activity
The charity has gone through significant change over the last couple of years and is now an independent charity but reaches people across the borough of Colchester.
About Age Concern Colchester
Age Concern Colchester is a Charity which is focused on making life better for individuals in later life. The current services that we provide cover:-
- Identifying benefits that those over 60 are entitled to and supporting in the application process
- Providing a befriending service according to the needs of the individual
- Supplying a qualified and vetted list of handyperson individuals who can support the elderly
- Provides clubs for those in older life for companionship
- Is developing a community cafe for those in later life
The people that work with us our special and provide a great deal of care for those in later life and who need some support.
What are they looking for?
As part of our continued development we are looking for an energetic and outgoing individual who has commercial experience as an Event Manager and would be willing to provide some support either in the office or working from home to help us develop and deliver an event calendar.
We already have a landmark annual event that has developed and we are looking to build on this and develop additional work through volunteers to develop our presence and exposure in the Colchester Borough. Previous events have included evenings as small as a quiz night right the way through to closing off Colchester High St to conduct a Pantomime Horse race and we are welcoming of new ideas for someone who has the energy and time to develop this work for the charity.
As part of our processes because we work with the elderly we DBS anyone who works in our organisation but there is no cost and we will administer this with you.
If you want to be a part of an organisation that makes a genuine difference to the lives of other apply today.
We need someone who has experience of developing and delivering a social events calendar
Everything we do is to make lives of those in later life better so empathy for our cause
As a small but growing charity we don't have massive budgets so we need someone who is quite creative
In terms of donations someone who has supported a charity before and understands peaks and troughs in the way people give would be a massive bonus - but appreciate we are asking a lot here with this request so it is more of a nice to have