Volunteer Befriending Administrator
Customer Service | Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom | Part Time and Volunteer
About Age Concern Colchester
Age Concern Colchester is a Charity which is focused on making life better for individuals in later life. The current services that we provide cover:-
- Identifying benefits that those over 60 are entitled to and supporting in the application process
- Providing a befriending service according to the needs of the individual
- Supplying a qualified and vetted list of handyperson individuals who can support the elderly
- Provides clubs for those in older life for companionship
- Is developing a community cafe for those in later life
The people that volunteer and work with us our special and provide a great deal of care for those in later life and who need support, advice, information and sometimes just someone to listen.
What are we looking for?
Duties to include: -
- Receiving phone calls from those in later life who need support
- Sensitively asking questions to understand the issue and take down personal details
- Log the call on our systems
- Work alongside Befriending Coordinator to identify suitable Befrienders
- Carry out reference checks and DBS administration
- Make relevant notes on systems
- Send letters to Befrienders and those they Befriend
- Follow up with service reviews to check success of the match
- Support the wider team with administrative duties
- Refer to partner organisation where needed
Sometimes our callers and visitors are distressed and need a calming influence
We require individuals who are computer literate
Some people are great on the phone and face to face contact with clients and love this type of work. Please only apply to volunteer if you feel that you would enjoy speaking to people.
We are looking for people who truly want to make a difference to others and who are positive and want to be helpful to those who need our support.
We DBS check and reference all volunteers who have contact with clients, there are no costs involved for you
Whilst we have outlined some duties as a small charity we also need people who are willing to be flexible. Our volunteers often have the hoover out, work through mail, make tea and coffee for visitors, each other and the staff team and we are actively looking for individuals with a profile of being "a breath of fresh air".
Above all we care and will go to great lengths to help those in later years. If you feel this is right for you then apply today and join our mission.